Thursday, March 29, 2007

Excitement

"Wah, you are really emotionless!", so said many who knew me and have seen my reaction to supposedly exciting events. Going abroad to somewhere, joining a ship, having various opportunties to work with something new were some of the things that might excite many but to me, it is just like any other day. Don't get me wrong - I am contented and happy, but my heart will not be racing and feeling a sudden rush of adrenaline that will make me want to burst out. That's excitement. It has now been almost a year since I last felt some form of excitement and today, I got my emotion back(for those of you who claimed I am emotionless :> ).

You must have guess it right. East Timor is on the map again and that's not all. Before I was informed of the upcoming plan to visit it, I had felt in my heart that I should visit it sometime soon too. Ever since I left Timor, I have been praying to return/visit but have not felt this way although my friend had encouraged me to visit Timor sometime last year. It was only recently that I felt I should/must go back to see the country again and visit some folks there. And what a wonderful 'confirmation' it is when I was informed of the visitation plan. Alas, the excitment only lasted a few seconds. So until I step foot on Timor soil again and smell it, you can say I am emotionless :)

No comments: