Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Hope Village Prey Veng



"That's Chong Chit. Oh, and that's Songha, Vitmol, Vanet, Sopheap....", my fingers busy pointing as the list goes on. Why was I so excited about these children on television? I realise one thing: Perhaps I do miss them. Though I only spent about 3 months with them, the last month being the one where I really got to know them better, I think there was a kind of bond which you will only realise after you have left. I miss those smiles, the laughter, the time spent playing games together, speaking simple English and Khmer to each other, being a 'big brother' to them and just simply hanging out. Maybe it is Cambodia. Maybe it is the children. Maybe it is the vision I received years ago. or maybe it is just something God has deposited in my heart. I will visit them again someday, God willing.

2 comments:

xiuli said...

I miss them too.

Jason said...

Yea. December hope can go, God willing.