Saturday, July 26, 2008

Alive, Busy and Rested

Hello folks! In case you think I'm dead and buried together with this blog, I'm not. It's just that there have been quite a lot of things happening in my life for the past few weeks that had made me really quiet in my blog. And also, I have been busier than ever. Is busyness a bad thing? Someone taught that it's not. Hurriedness is. Restlessness is. Jesus was busy(having lots to do) but He was never in a hurry(never anxious, never overwhelmed).

"Though I am always in a haste," said John Wesley. "I am never in a hurry, because I never undertake more work than I can go through with perfect calmness of spirit."

You can say that I am now at rest - finally after a year or so.

"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almight. I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust" - Psalm 91:1-2

Are you at rest my friend? If not, why not? Does the verse above rings a bell?

"There is no true rest until we truly trust the Lord."

May you find rest in Him and become alive again.

No comments: