Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Be a Doulos

5 more days to go and I'll be joining Doulos for a 2 months exposure programme. What I'll be doing is anybody's guess as the webbie states "Participants will follow a comprehensive training programme and also accompany regular crew in on shore community work". There're plenty of things to do onboard the big ship - i could be helping in the kitchen, arranging books, servicing the IT dept, involved in various programmes(eg. drama, youth programme, games etc) There will also be community work off shore(read the latest news in the webbie bout them going to a centre for disabled children & adults) and I think it's going to be a fulfilling 2 months with Doulos. Praise God for providing this opportunity as my plan of returning to East Timor is still 'floating'. Perhaps after 2 months, things will be clearer. What matters most now is that I continue to serve Him in whatever He has put in my path. That is, to be a doulos, which in greek means a bond servant.

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will direct your paths" Proverbs 3:5-6 (NLT)

No comments: