Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Renewal of the mind

I was told to be sensitive, and rightly so in a place where most people believe in B and may be offended if we share. However, that instruction became a mindblock to me, mainly because I have not understood what it really meant. So my mind got boxed up and I became too cautious. That changed when I got to know Rev.A. In a space of 3-4 days, he brought 2 persons to the Lord and when we were with him, another 4 were brought to the Lord. I was baffled. I asked him, "how/what did you share?". He replied "After we finished the tour, I asked her, are you a Christian?" and then he proceed to share the gospel - sin, forgiveness, acceptance, love, Lord and Saviour.

That direct approach blew my mind and made me realise that I have boxed myself up and have unconsciously blocked the work of the Spirit. We have to be sensitive, yes, but we have to realise and understand that there are times when we have to be bold and take risk, especially when we know there is a need for the person to hear the gospel. God can melt all sensitivity, God can bridge any hostility, God is God of all things - we all know that, don't we? So why then did I allow such a thing to block my mind? Aha, the dependancy of human wisdom and logic than the dependancy of God. Not that I purposely depend on my own understanding and thinking, but it can come so subtlely and unconsciously, doesn't it? And often, this reveal the truth about yourself; the condition of the deep inner self. I was glad God changed me in this aspect and I was able to share with the love of Christ to someone who have never heard the gospel before. It's awesome.

No comments: