Thursday, March 20, 2008

I Beat My Body

"Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize" ~ 1 cor 9:25-27

Yes Lord. This is not an easy time. It is a time of further moulding and grinding and it is indeed tough. But Lord, you are my strength and my shield. You will lift up my gloom and my countenance shall shine again. I will run with perseverance the race marked out for me. I will fix my eyes on you and will not grow weary and lose heart. I have not yet resisted to the point of shedding blood, have I? Grant me strength that I may endure hardship as discipline, that the pain may produce a harvest of righteousness and peace when I have been trained by it. Let me not shirk any responsibilities or complain about my tasks. But let me do all things with all joy with a sincere heart. I will give thanks to you Lord for you are good. Your love endures forever. Amen.

1 comment: