Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Tension

I am no expert in the subject of humility. I know the pride in my life and how I flash it in times of weaknesses. Pride is such a dangerous weapon that our deceitful heart often do not recognise Pride when it is being manifested in our actions and speech. Jesus is the perfect example of a person who had defeated pride. Phil 2:5-11 paints such a beautiful picture of Christ's humility and the life He lived. It is indeed something to be grasped, and something to emulate in our lives.

I am still very much a timid but brash child of God sometimes. I know the rebel in me, and the hot, zealous blood flowing through my veins. Having the winning mentality is detrimental sometimes, and I must admit that it can have a devastating effect in my soul. But the Kingdom of God is not about winning or losing - it is about running and finishing the race; and it is about helping someone to join in the race and guide him along. Oh, how hard it is to submit sometimes! How hard it is to admit defeat! But Christ did all that. His submission and defeat was necessary for the salvation of mankind and victory. The end is so much sweeter than the immediate results but the process so agonising.

But as of now, I am consumed by my zealousness. My eyes are blocked by my passion and my ears began to shut down. I imagine the worst and I geared myself up for war. I am ready to die for such a cause! but a timely advice cool my blood. I put down my sword and armour for a moment and recollect my thoughts. What has He said? What is He saying? Let there be confirmation. That I might not rouse a war without sound counsel from 2 or 3. May God be my judge! and Counsellor.

"Help me to submit to you O Lord. Search my heart and cleanse my thoughts. Let me do everything without complaining and arguing. Let those who wants to win, win. But as for me, let me run the race with love. The love that always forgive, always bear, always peaceful, always smile and always care. Amen"

No comments: