Thursday, December 18, 2008

A Deeper Moulding, A Deeper Love

Isn't it 'scary' when you know what you are going through is another test from the Lord? Often times, you know it because it is an area of weakness in your life and God is putting you through certain situations to help you grow stronger in it. Trials always taste badly at first - it's a struggle, it's a moulding, it's a shaping, it's a stripping of what is necessary to be cast off. It is painful, it can be mind-boggling and sometimes, you don't even understand why.

But the big picture has already been painted. The Master artist has already painted it and it is a masterpiece. But of course, in the course of the trial, we are unable to see the full picture and the time spent in the trial can be agonizingly slow. Yet there is hope in God, and our hope is in Him. You just know it is good for you even though the struggle can be beyond description.

Sometimes you wish you can just throw the situation away and be free. But you know that you will never be free until you have dealt with what is necessary. Then there is true freedom. Then there is true peace. Then there is real growth.

So yes Lord. I'll go through it again. It seems so deja vu and really scary. But I know you have painted the masterpiece already. I know it is good. I readily surrender to you and I want to trust you more. It is time to grow deeper in love with you - that when I delight in you, I know I have all I need; I know where I ought to be. Lead me on in this journey Lord. May Your will be done.

No comments: