Friday, December 05, 2008

The God of all Comfort

It was a good time of sharing. To be able to hear from fellow brothers and share without reservations is really a blessing and a privilege. For that is why God has placed His followers in a community where we support each other and are encouraged in our journey together.

God never fail to amaze me with the learning process He brought me through. About a year ago, I tried to help a friend who is very discouraged and 'depressed' but I was not able to understand what she is going through. All I could offer was good scriptural advice and prayers. That is good, but it is different when I myself had gone through a similar situation. So not long from that, I tasted what those trying situations and emotional storm meant. And indeed, my experiences had helped me to understand many others who are going through similar storms, and it had helped me to empathize with them.

God always prepare us(or at least me) in this way. He'll put me through situations for my own benefit and growth, even if for that moment, it can be very painful. After surviving those storms with His grace, peace and strength abounds. And without fail, there will be wounded brothers and sisters 'appearing' before me with storms similar to mine, and God will use me to encourage, empathize and walk through with them their own unique journey.

It is such a blessing to be able to bless, encourage and walk through storms with fellow brothers and sisters. Although sometimes I can get frustrated with their response and progress, God always remind me that once upon a time, I was like them too. And remembering this always brought about a "I'm sorry Lord", humility, and starve off the critical spirit.

Thank you God once again for this privilege to bless and minister. You are indeed the God of all comfort.

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God." - 2 Cor 1:3-4"

No comments: