Monday, April 21, 2008

Beyond Summary - At the Crux

This weekend has been a most powerful and refreshing one. God brought into remembrance the workings of Him in my life and to fan into flame the gifts which He has given me. I remembered. I cried. I wept for souls. I surrender again. I was blind but now I see. I see what has been missing from my life, what has been dormant, what has been snuffed.

There is too much to say. The presence of God so powerful, so assuring, so awesome. I can linger on and on in praise and worship at the altar of my God. There were Spirit-led prayers that ministered deep into the hearts of my friends, there were God-birthed encouragement that can only come from the Lord because no one had knowledge of that matter but when spoken, both parties exclaimed in wonder at the confirmation.

I want to commit my life to God again. I will ask the Lord to make me a soul winner for His sake. I will ask the Lord to deliver my church from our iniquities and foolishness. "O Lord, have mercy on us. We have cast aside your will and follow blindly our ways. Turn us from our foolishness and help us do the things we did at first when we were madly in love with You. Be patient with us and do not forsake us. Forgive us and deliver us from the curse. Help each and everyone of us to walk in step with Your Spirit and bear Your fruits. May we live lives that are worthy of the gospel of Christ, and glorify your name always. Amen"

"I know your deeds, your hard work and your perseverance. I know that you cannot tolerate wicked men, that you have tested those who claim to be apostles but are not, and have found them false. You have persevered and have endured hardships for my name, and have not grown weary. Yet I hold this against you: You have forsaken your first love. Remember the height from which you have fallen! Repent and do the things you did at first. If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place." ~ Revelation 2:2-5

No comments: