Tuesday, April 15, 2008

God of the Impossible - Watch Him Defy Your Odds

I felt a certain sense of peace even in the midst of this uncertainty. What's it gonna be? For 2 years in a row, I have been given only a one year renewal for my PR re-entry permit. The norm is 5 years. Logically, I would say I still lack the criteria for a 5 years renewal but somehow, it felt different this time. My LG and friends were roped in to pray and God had answered our prayers. I had been given 5 years! This time no questions asked, no higher-ranked officer handling my case and the renewal process finished within 10 minutes. How's that for a hallelujah to God? Yes! Praise His mighty name!

God is just so good. He knows how much this renewal meant to me, and He has given me the first step. I can go anyway up to 5 years without having to return - that is really really going to be helpful in my work. As I sat waiting for my turn in the renewal process and reading my bible, these verses reminded me of His goodness:

"For the LORD God is a sun and shield;
the LORD bestows favor and honor;
no good thing does he withhold
from those whose walk is blameless.
O LORD Almighty,
blessed is the man who trusts in you." ~ Psalm 84:11-12


Impossible you say? "For nothing is impossible with God" - Luke 1:37. And He showed up again today. What an awesome God I serve. Just gotta trust and obey. He'll work all things out. Yes, He will.

No comments: